The Reserve Bank of will shortly issue 20 rupee denomination banknote in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. Bearing Signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor, Reserve Bank of India. The new denomination has motif of Ellora caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour of the note in Greenish yellow. The note has other designs, Geometric pattems aligning with the overall cover colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
All the banknotes in the denomination of 20 Rupee issued by the
Reserve Bank in the eariler series will continue to be legal tender.
The image and salient features of 20 denomination banknote
in the Mahatma Gandhi (new) series are as under.
1. See through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’ INDIA’ and ’20’
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions INDIA and
6. Guarantee clause, Governor’s signature with promise Clause and
RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype 20 watermarks.
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top
left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. Motif of Ellora caves
14. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari.
Note: Dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 129 mm.